The leather is a stylish choice for furniture, accessories, clothes and car interiors. Leather furniture is durable and one of the easier upholstery to care for but still, it needs extra care so that it looks best and can last decades. It’s deplorable when your leather upholstery has a blot, but with some tips, you can clean it safely to restore its grace.
Always keep leather upholstery out of direct sunlight. It helps to prevent drying and cracking the leather upholstery. Cleaning leather frequently is indispensable to maintain its appearance.
How to remove Spots from Leather upholstery
- If you want to clean soiled leather then take a soft cloth to remove surface dust.
- Use leather safe moisturizing soap applied to a damp cloth to clean the soiled leather.
- Before using any product on leather, make sure that you have experimented an inconspicuous area with that particular product so that it won’t cause any damage or discoloration.
- To remove dark spots from leather, take a cotton swab and dip into rubbish alcohol and rub the spot. This procedure goes well with ink spots also. Leave it for overnight and wipe it off with the help of a damp cloth.
- To remove usual spots from leather upholstery, just prepare a paste of one part lemon juice with one part cream of tartar. Now, this paste work as a weapon to remove the stains. Rub paste on the spotted or stained area and leave it for sometimes. Apply another layer of the paste and work it in then remove it with the help of a damp sponge.
- You can also a moisturizing soap like Dove for general leather upholstery cleaning. Froth on with a cloth and clean it to remove dirt and muck. Don’t over wet the leather and even don’t rise after washing. Buff it with a soft cloth as it will allow the moisturizing soap to condition the leather.
- Another DIY idea to clean leather upholstery is to prepare a mixture of ½ cup olive oil with ¼ cup of vinegar. Put this mixture in a spray bottle. Spray on the leather upholstery and leave it for five minutes. Wipe it with a soft cloth.
- Baking soda as a cleaner: This is a good cleaner to remove oil and greasy stains. Sprinkle it on the stained area and rub it with a damp cloth. This method works well for as the baking soda will absorb the oil. Wipe it out with a cloth. Remove the residue and dry with a towel.
It is vital to keep leather moisturized so that it doesn’t dry out.
Get help from the experts
Leather upholstery cleaning can be a stressful task wasting a lot of time and energy. It is difficult to get rid of touch stains from leather. Even if it is possible to some extent, it can leave your leather upholstery looking faded and discolored. Hence, it becomes important to take the help of expert leather upholstery cleaners to retain the original texture and color of your valuables.
Caring for Leather upholstery
If you are confused regarding who to rely upon, then we are here to help you. Spotless Upholstery Cleaning is a number one company in leather upholstery cleaning services. We make sure that the whole cleaning procedure takes place without causing much harm to the fabric or texture. We have a team of experts who have in depth knowledge about all kinds of leather upholstery cleaning. They make your upholstery stays in shape without any wear and tear for a long duration of time. Get in touch with us now and feel the difference our experts can make. They will give your leather upholstery items a brand new renovated look.